The first red from our very own vineyard! A journey that started in an Indian restaurant in McLaren Vale in 2003 has now entered its new - permanent - home in the Barossa Valley: RedHeads Wine, 258 Angaston Road. Entirely from RedHeads own fruit, the HomeBlock on Saint Andrew's Vineyard.
Our first ever vineyard and our very own winery! We loved the site as soon as we saw it. A great location, plenty of vineyard space to work with, a few old sheds... and one of the oldest buildings in South Australia. The site, and its oldest building, dates all the way back to 1888 when it was purchased by Heinrich Hermann.
Saint Andrew's Vineyard at 258 Angaston Road has been a vineyard since Heinrich's purchase, all the way to the present day. It was first planted with Mataro, but these days it’s mostly Shiraz (with a touch of Touriga that we've added in).
For the label, we sought inspiration from our early adopters in the new project. These names, 600 good and true, are the people who first staked a claim in the new project. Without their support, we wouldn’t be here today!